Sacramento Update

California #Progressives invent fake perv story to smear #EricBauman

A top candidate running to become chairman of the California Democratic Party on Tuesday urged his supporters to push back at what he said Sunday were false rumors that he is “engaging in inappropriate behavior with 14- and 16-year-old boys.”

“The politics of personal destruction is despicable,” Los Angeles County Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman told party members gathered for their monthly meeting. “It is one thing to attack someone for their record, for their votes, for their positions, for their donors. This is beyond the pale.”

Bauman, who is in a fiercely contested race for the chairmanship with activist Kimberly Ellis, said he began to hear the rumors late last week as his supporters phoned delegates ahead of the state party convention later this month, where the election will be held.

He emailed delegates about the rumors on Sunday, saying he felt he needed to speak out. On Tuesday Bauman urged his supporters to help him fight back by countering the rumors in the private internet chat rooms where he said they are being spread.

Read the whole story in the LA Times

Advertisements

Categories: Sacramento Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s